MediaTek has expanded its Dimensity portfolio with its new Dimensity 9200+ chipset for flagship 5G smartphones.
Supporting higher clock speeds than its predecessor, the Dimensity 9200 chipset, the Dimensity 9200+ combines one ultra-core Arm Cortex-X3 operating at up to 3.35GHz, three Arm Cortex-A715 super-cores running up to 3.0GHz, and four Arm Cortex-A510 efficiency cores at 2.0GHz.
To give the Dimensity 9200+ an additional boost for gaming and other compute-intensive applications, MediaTek boosted the chipset’s Arm Immortalis-G715 GPU by 17%.
Key features of the MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ include:
- HyperEngine 6.0: Further improving the gaming experience with adaptive performance technology capable of sustaining high framerates and minimising latency.
- Second generation TSMC 4nm-class process: Ideal for ultra-slim designs in a variety of form factors.
- Sixth generation AI Processing Unit (APU 690): Efficiently powers AI-noise reduction and AI-super resolution tasks, and creates truly cinematic video through real-time focus and Bokeh adjustments.
- MediaTek Imagiq 890: Powerful flagship image signal processor that supports captivating capture, providing bright, sharp images and videos even in low-light scenarios.
- MediaTek MiraVision 890: Display technology with adaptive refresh rate technology and motion blur reduction for a fluid user experience.
- MediaTek 5G UltraSave 3.0: Power efficiency technologies to optimise battery life for all 5G connection conditions.