The Schneider Electric ATS480 Soft Starter, which has been designed to optimise the entire lifecycle leading to digitised, efficient environment, also offers sophisticated cybersecurity features. Its embedded security meets the requirements Cybersecurity Achilles and IEC 61443, protecting equipment against causal or coincidental violations.
Looking specifically at the water and wastewater industry, the Schneider Electric ATS480 Soft Starter offers the following important benefits:
- Secure operations and pumpstations – the soft starter protect water and wastewater infrastructure against cyber threats.
- Reduced engineering time – it offers digital tools and selections which allow faster decisions and procurement.
- Moisture repellent – the soft starter features conformal coating as standard on PC board which prevents corrosion – a major plus at water and wastewater facilities.
- Motor protection – its slowly starts the motor until it reaches it full load and current or speed.
- Digital environment – the software starter features an embedded digital QR code which assists installers with code fault finding and other important material – all digital.
While leaking or burst water pipes are often attribute to age or extreme temperatures, water hammering is a major culprit of pipe damage and degradation. The Altivar ATS480 reduces water hammering by gradually starting and shutting down motors.